Thursday, September 8, 2011

2011 year of hard disk

this month... i learned another lesson.

being a designer for such long, to understand this is quite late... but well late better than never.

I used to backup my files to hard disk and sooner... my hard disk become my storage, i didn't back up my storage files on my hard disk.

so now, hard disk spoilt, well of cause i'm panic although the project that i am working on is not inside, but still my past jobs, my photos... well... this tough.. to get those back... some are not possible to get it back too... as i throw away my CD when i stored them to my hard drive.

so, sent my hard disk to service. just hoping that i will have good news.

and... just today.. i received a call from the courier company that represent seagate is delivering my hard disk. well, i'm excited, i thought my hard disk is fine, she is good... out of my expectation...

i opened up the box, i saw something thinner.. obviously is not my girl... ( my hard disk) .. so i still hoping maybe they copied the old file into it.... well... it is not...

so ... my feeling now is complicated...

on one hand i am happy cause they replaced me a new set. on the other hand, i am sad as all my memories... gone?!!

well.. i will try to contact them see if i can take my old disk back but i know the chances is small... and the data recovery cost to much .. up to S$2,500 depend on how complicated ...

maybe i should give up .. and restart a new life~


No comments: